The ‘healthy lifestyles’ theme for quarter 2 is Healthy Habits: Get Moving!. Our goal was that students would walk away from this quarter with a few key understandings:
- Along with exercise, eating nourishing foods, choosing to drink water and getting at least 10 hours of sleep every night are healthy habits that help our bodies run well.
- Kids their age need 60 minutes/day of physical activity
- Moving more not only benefits their hearts, bones and muscles, but it’s also good for their brains (impacting how they do in school) and it can give them a boost of self confidence and energy!
- The 60 minutes can be broken down into shorter times – before school, during school and after school.
- The best time to start a healthy habit is today!